Call for Abstracts
The WETPOL2019 planning committee invites attendees to submit abstracts for presentation within the programme of the 2019 meeting. Submissions are sought for oral and poster presentations and can be made via the Abstract Submission Portal. All abstracts must follow the abstract template and be submitted online by 2 January 2019. (Deadline for submission extended till 17. February 2019)
Submitting your Abstract
You can access the online submission form using the ‘Call for Abstract’ button.
You will be required to submit your contact details and details of your abstract (Abstract Title, Authors, Topic, etc.). At the end of this form you should upload your abstract as a document file.
After submitting your abstract, you will receive a confirmation email of abstract submission from the Conference Secretariat.
Please ensure that all the required information is completed as requested. If you experience any problems during the online submission process, please contact the Conference Secretariat at firstname.lastname@example.org.
All accepted abstracts will be made available to Conference delegates. Authors are responsible for proof reading and submitting an abstract without errors, as they will be reproduced in the format they were submitted. The corresponding author is responsible for the abstract content. This author is the contact person for submission or communication purposes and is also responsible for disseminating information related to the co-authors.
Date and Deadlines
|Call for Abstracts opens||22 September 2018|
|Call for Abstracts closes||17 February 2019|
|Notifications to Authors||22 March 2019|
|Early Bird Registration Discount expires||19 April 2019|
Only abstracts submitted in English will be accepted
Abstracts should be on the template provided at the Abstract Submission Portal Failure to follow the template provided will result in the abstract being automatically returned
Abstracts are limited to one single x A4 page
Abstracts can include tables, graphs and images and can be in colour
Font styles as indicated in the template
Unusual abbreviations must be spelled out on first use
Abstracts should be thoroughly checked for spelling and grammar
Abstracts are to be submitted in Microsoft Word format only
An abstract must only be submitted once
Abstracts can be submitted free of charge
Once accepted all presenters must register and pay to attend the Conference
A listed co-author other than the corresponding author may register and present at the Conference.
Abstracts may be submitted as oral or poster presentations. Please note that if an abstract is unsuccessful for oral presentation, it will automatically be considered for a poster presentation. Each presenting author can submit as many abstracts as they wish, however only One (1) oral presentation will be accepted per person. Presentations can be submitted within any of the conference themes. The Scientific programme Committee will assess where your presentation may best fit within the scientific programme of the conference.
Terms and Conditions
The submission of an abstract indicates an understanding of the following rules for participation in the Conference:
- All author(s) approve submitting this work for presentation
- The author(s) transfer(s) all copyright ownership of the abstract to the Conference
- The author(s) agree(s) to materially confine their presentations to information in the abstract if accepted for presentation. If an author has more than one abstract accepted, each presentation will be materially confined to the information in the abstract selected for the specific session
- At least one author will be available to present the abstract if selected for the programme. The authors will immediately notify the Conference Secretariat if they are unable to present an abstract or if the presenting author is changed. The organisers reserve the right to remove a presentation from the program.
Review of Submissions
All submissions will be sent for peer review and scored by the Scientific Programme Committee, who will also determine which abstracts are accepted and best suited for oral abstract presentation sessions or poster discussion sessions.
Notification to Authors
- Corresponding authors will be notified of acceptance by 9 March 2019. All accepted abstracts/posters must be presented by at least one author
- Abstracts/posters are submitted to an allocated session, it is not possible to change the date, time or type of presentation
- Presenters must register by 5 April 2019 to confirm participation in the programme.